In 1829 Caspar Diederich Wälzholz bought a wire rod mill in the Nahmer valley and thus laid the foundation for the present group of companies. 35 years later CDW was one of the leading enterprises in the cold rolling industry at the time. As early as in 1890 we were exporting our products to Japan and England. By 1950, we had become the largest heat treatment company in Europe.
In the last 15 years the number of employees has doubled - while sales have even tripled. Today, more than 175 years later with the company in its 6th generation and with members of the founder's family still in top management positions, more than 1,900 people work for CDW worldwide. They have all helped to make us what we are now: a cold rolling mill with a personality!
More than 180 years of tradition - innovation - future
Learn more about the eventful history of C.D. Wälzholz - a chronicle of a technological leader.